Date: March 16, 2015
Closing date: Open until suitable candidate found
Location: Iqaluit, Nunavut
Status: Full-Time, Employee
Compensation: Competitive salary to be determined by experience and education; comprehensive
Start Date: Immediately
We are currently seeking a Director, Retail Operations to provide leadership and direction to our Retail Operations Division. Reporting to the Vice President, this position will work closely with their Division to achieve maximum profitability and cost efficiency.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the retail operations continued compliance with petroleum distribution regulations; Territorial, corporate and personnel policies;
- Identify, select and procure merchandise and service to establish inventory controls;
- Utilize strong communication and negotiation skills, develop and maintain a solid network of vendors to ensure best price and availability of products;
- Establish and support staffing requirements, including recruitment, training and performance evaluation;
- Responsible for the maintenance and analysis of financial records and prepares financial reports for presentation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education and specialized knowledge of Retail Management and Sales. A combination of education and experience of Retail Management and Sales will be considered although preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor of Commerce or a graduate of a Business Administration/Management program;
- Knowledge of cash registrar programming and reporting is an asset;
- Supervisory experience is required;
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills to work in a cross cultural environment;
- Ability to speak Inuktitut would be a desirable asset.
Please send your resume to:
P.O. Box 1228
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Attention: Katie Hunt -or- E-mail to Human.Resources@qcorp.ca