Closing date: Open until suitable candidate found
Location: Iqaluit, Nunavut
Status: Full-Time, Employee
Compensation: Competitive salary to be determined by experience and education; comprehensive benefit package
Start Date: Immediately
Qikiqtani Industry Ltd. (QIL) is a subsidiary of Qikiqtaaluk Corporation, the wholly Inuit owned birth right Development Corporation of the Baffin Region, and is currently seeking a Director of Projects to join our ever-growing company.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the scope, schedule, and budget of complex projects related to site characterization, remediation, or optimization to meet client requirements and corporate procedures.
- Prepare work plans and cost proposals; schedule and supervise technical staff and subcontractors, and ensure deliverables are produced as scheduled and within budget.
- Monitor contract delivery by maintaining daily communications with field management team to obtain and provide continuous updates on project progress; ensure safe operations, quality work and financial success.
- Prepare presentations for meetings with regulators and community groups.
- Respond to performance and disciplinary issues with supervisors, determining necessary actions and implementing corrective or training responses.
- Work in cooperation with site engineers and other technical professionals.
- Prepare other projects related documents and draft project correspondence.
- Ensure timely information flow and maintain accurate project records.
- Travel to, and liaise with communities and other parties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration and or Project Management
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in field of study
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Knowledge of hazardous, industrial and solid waste management theories, practices and technical issues.
- Knowledge of legislative, policy and decisions making processes in the area of hazardous, industrial and solid waste management
- Knowledge of the Inuit culture and the relationship between Inuit people and the land and environment
Please send your resume to:
P.O. Box 1228
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Attention: Katie Hunt -or- E-mail to Human.Resources@qcorp.ca